To bring palliative and end-of-life care education to medical, nursing and paramedical professionals, empowering them to integrate its principles and practices into their field of work.
- Doctors (especially those engaged in onco-care & anesthesia departments)
- Nurses (especially in onco-care)
- Social Workers
- Paramedical workers
The workshops will be held in healthcare institutions at Delhi/NCR.
One day (4-6 hours)
CMEs are held on request throughout the year.
Rs 100 per participant (minimum 30 participants).
- Scope and Principles of Palliative Care and Concept of Quality of Life
- WHO Pain Ladder and Guidelines for use of oral morphine to manage pain
- High-touch and Low-tech Nursing Care with care-giver education
- Communication (authentic listening and dealing with difficult questions)
- Communicating Bad News
- Psychological aspects of serious life limiting illness
- Ethical issues in the care of patients with progressive and serious illness