CanSupport participated in the 27th International Conference on Palliative Care (IAPCON) that was held on February 14-16 2020, Guwahati. The theme of the Conference this year was "Entrust, Engage & Empower". It signifies teamwork and multidisciplinary approach to palliative care and the power to be an inclusive speciality.
Dr. Ravinder Mohan, Head, Training and Education, Savita Luka, Deputy Head, training and education and Dr. Anita Harish represented CanSupport at the conference.
CanSupport made six research presentations at the conference. Those are as follows:
Dr. Anita Harish made two presentations:
- Poster presentation on “Audit of Home Care Services - Time of Initial Assessment of Psychological Distress Using Distress Thermometer”.
- An oral presentation on “Support groups of patients” under “Meet the Expert” session.
Savita Luka, Deputy Head, training and education made an oral presentation on Ethical Issues in Nursing under the “Meet the Expert” session.
Dr. Ravinder Mohan made three presentations:
- Poster presentation on “Stress among Palliative Care Professionals”
- An oral presentation on “Achieving Excellence in Home Based Palliative Care” under “Meet the Expert” session.
- An oral presentation on “Symptom Prevalence in Advanced Cancer Patients in Palliative Homecare Setting in North India” under “Meet the Expert” session.